Take your passion for helping others and turn it into a career – paid Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training! As a Behavior Technician with KGH Autism Services in Deerfield, IL — an innovative company with top-of-the-line facilities — you’ll have the opportunity to build new relationships, support children with special needs, and experience the satisfaction of a job well done. A Behavior Technician, also known as a Registered Behavior Technician, RBT, or ABA Therapist, works 1-1 with young children on the autism spectrum to support skill development, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Perks of Joining the KGH Team
- Competitive hourly pay starting at $17 – $23 / per hour with no experience. Increase in pay after 90 days with completed RBT, and more!
- Guaranteed 40 hours for full time employees
- Paid Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training and certificate + an increase in pay once RBT certificate completed
- Medical, dental, and vision with employer contribution
- Company paid employee term life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401K with 3% match
- Paid time off – increases with tenure:
- 8 paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- 1 floating holiday per anniversary year
- 10 days vacation
- 5 days sick time
*Dependent on employee eligibility.
This is an entry-level role ideal for a natural caregiver with experience in early childhood education, childcare/preschool, paraprofessional, mental health, or psychology. You will have assistance advancing your career in education, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, behavior-based therapy and other psychology specialties.
No experience is required. We provide paid training, a friendly and supportive team environment, and ample opportunity to pave your own career path!
No Nights or Weekends Required!
How will you help children with Autism?
As an Autism (ABA) Behavior Technician at KGH Autism Services, you will provide 1:1 ABA therapy in various settings such as in the home, school, center, or community. Using research-based methods you will:
- Teach individuals with autism to talk, play, make friends, and function independently, while helping reduce any inappropriate behaviors and improve mental health.
- Collect data to demonstrate each client’s progress toward reaching his or her goals!
- Analyze data by using our proprietary electronic data collection software for real time decision-making.
- Collaborate with BCBAs, the client’s family, and other technicians at clinical team meetings to report client progress and get specific feedback from the supervisor.
Autism (ABA) Behavior Technician Qualifications
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be able to submit HS Diploma or GED upon request
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- You must meet the physical requirements of the position, to include lifting of clients, packages, or equipment up to 50lbs, accessing non-barrier free premises, and using physical management techniques when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education or related field
- Certificate in First Aid and CPR Training
- Autism Spectrum Disorders experience