Why KGH Autism Services?
KGH Autism Services is a behavioral healthcare company providing clinical services to children with autism and related disorders. Founded in 2001, KGH currently provides applied behavior analysis, speech language therapy, occupational therapy, and mental health services to Chicago’s North Shore and Madison, Wisconsin communities. We are working together to create the most respected, comprehensive, evidenced-based treatment centers for our clients and their families.
KGH offers a great work/life balance, fun company events, and numerous perks and benefits that include a medical/dental/vision coverage, generous paid time off including sick leave, vacations days and paid holidays that include your birthday, a 401k with a 3% company match, company-paid Life/ADD/LTD insurance, and much more.What Will You Do at KGH?
The Medical Billing Supervisor oversees the day-to-day activities of the billing and collections team including bill processing, claims resolution, and maintaining effective relationships with insurance payers, providers, patients, and employees. This Full-Time position requires extensive knowledge in medical billing and encounter data. The Medical Billing Supervisor reports to the Director of Finance.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
1. Insurance Payer Support
Effectively support payer relations with insurers, including proactive communication, prompt identification and claim resolution with provider reps.
Supervise the billing and collections of outstanding patient responsibilities
Maintain accurate reimbursement rate reports.
Improve workflow within billing and collections processes.
- Assist with pulling all required medical billing documents needed for administrative audits.
2. Insurance Claims Processing
- Maintain electronic insurance records to include accurate information for payers, clients and referring providers.
- Audit and verify billing codes on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy for billing.
- Regularly audit medical record documentation to verify the accuracy and completeness of CPT/HCPCS and ICD codes.
- Monitor changes to fee schedules, payer guidelines, etc. at least quarterly
- Identify, interpret, and resolve claim processing or eligibility errors, proactively managing communication with appropriate parties.
- Verify and communicate all overpayment requests from insurance companies and approve or dispute in accordance with insurance agreements and/or KGH policies.
- Identify and manage potential write offs, elevating any issues to the Director of Finance for approval.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Director of Finance to ensure billing is handled effectively.
- Work with clients to ensure proper Coordination of Benefits (COB) and resolve questions and escalated issues regarding billing.
3. Team Support and Management
- Conduct team meetings to review progress toward paid claims and ensure claim aging issues are resolved in a timely manner; facilitate an exchange of ideas and discuss concerns and issues, using quality improvement techniques to improve performance.
- Collaborate with Director of Finance to ensure effective administration of KGH billing and collections operations.
- Manage Medical Billing and Coding Specialist & Insurance and Collections Representative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform all other activities and/or special projects as directed.
KGH is accepting applications for a full time Medical Billing Supervisor at our Deerfield, Illinois location.What Does KGH Need from You?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- RHIT or RHIA certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of medical billing and coding experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems and medical compliance regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including EHR principles, Central Reach and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with others based on mutual trust and respect.
- Information Management knowledge - uses and presents information as relevant to position; demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules and uses medical information as appropriate to position.